Monday 16 June 2014

C is for Cycling


When I moved from Calgary, Alberta in 2007 I have become a full time cyclist. The first winter in Victoria I continued to ride my mountain bike but with no fenders/mud guards I soon began shopping for a new bike. In 2008 I bought an Opus hybrid bicycle which came with fenders and I added lights, a rear rack, water bottle cage, odometer and kick stand.

Me & my Opus bicycle.

One of my favorite cycle routes in Victoria is the approximately 40km route between my apt and the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal. Early in the season I frequently put my bike on Bus 72 or 70 (all of Victoria's public buses are equipped with bike racks) and ride the bus 1 hour out to the ferry terminal. Then I can spend my day cycling back home often on the Lochside Trail into downtown and then via Fairfield and Foul Bay Road home.

This is a map of cycling from my apt to the Swartz Bay Ferry enroute to Vancouver. Click on this link to view my map or the URL as it is written below.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zaMrAjHyT6n0.kj-8w1Ow0pZc

No comments:

Post a Comment